Sunday, October 17, 2010

Welcome to D.R. Phil!

Phil is still in the Dominican Republic MTC--he's got about a week and a half left. 
From his October 14th email...
"Some way or another, even though I can't communicate too well, I've gotten all the janitors and maintenance guys to love me.  Everyone except the cooks.  You should see the look of dissapointment on their face when I say "No habichuelas hoy."  No beans today.  I don't know if I have told you guys about it yet, but the fruit here is to die for.  The pineapple here is unreal.  And mom, a couple times a week we get papaya too.  My abdominal system has never been running smoother.  On the subject of food, my big accomplishment for the past couple of weeks is this: I have  gotten used to the milk.  I came here expecting no cold cereal for the next 2 years.  After 1 week I couldn't take it anymore, so I ate a bowl of  corn flakes without slurping the milk. Now, I'm banging out 2-3 bowls of cereal every morning, downing that milk like it's nothing.  I have hope for the next 2 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment