Thursday, December 2, 2010

Always Be Enthusiastic and Get People Involved!



Familia!

How is everything going back in the estados unidos?

Wow! It´s amazing how much you miss the candied yams of Grandma Teedie when all you´ve had are rice and beans for a month!

Well, I´ll talk about how this past week was for us. Most of the days have been pretty typical for us. But I´ll give you a cap of some of the more exciting things that happened this week. We have two great new investigators. One, named Willy is a 16 year old kid. He had gone to Church like the last 5 Sundays, but no one told us about him, so he hadn´t met with the missionaries. Hopefully, we´re gonna teach him tonight.

The other guy was Amaoris. I talked to him on the street with a bunch of other guys who were playing dominoes. They all looked like thugs, so I started questioning them to give me some good Dominican slang. They were all more than willing. Dime a ver mi Pana Ful. Que lo que monstruo. Translation, talk to me friend. What´s up monster! He also wanted to work on his English so we said we´d pass by the next day. My comp figured he wouldn´t really be interested and just wanted to learn some English phrases so he let me do all the talking. I figured I had nothing to lose so I might as well be as enthusiastic about the message as possible and try to get this guy interested. I left him a pamphlet and he committed to read it. Everyone commits to read, but the most we´ve had is someone reading a couple pages from a contact visit. We passed by yesterday and he had read it twice. With some good questions about it for us!

So the lesson I learned this week is always be enthusiastic and get people involved, and don´t judge anyone by their looks. Because people are full of surprises!
Love,

Elder LeCheminant

No comments:

Post a Comment