Monday, March 28, 2011

It`s always a good spirit at baptisms.

Family,

Que tal? I hope that you are all doing well. It sounds like everything is perfect in the south.

I`ll tell you a bit about my week. To tell you the truth, right now, I don`t have too much time to write. My comp got called up last night by the zone leaders, and he gets to go to the temple today. He wasn`t able to go last transfer, so he and another missionary in the zone are going to the temple today and spending the night in the capital. I`ll have an exchange with Elder Brezack.

Ok, we had the baptism of the deaf girl this past week. Success! She had read all the pamphlets and wrote out a reason that she wants to be a part of the church. According to her, it`s just a really cute church and she wants to be a part of it. I got the chance to baptize her. It`s always a good spirit at baptisms. I felt bad because only her sister came to support her from her family. But, she had some good friend support and lots of the members in the branch came.

This week we are planning on baptizing a good kid. As they say in Spanish, un buen muchacho. His name is Christian. He lives in a house next door to the bakery owned by the Branch President and his family. He`s gone to church a lot and we`re getting him ready. I`ll tell you about the baptisms next week.

We had a great lesson with a woman named Wanda this past week. Super smart, in law school. I`ll tell you if we make any progress with her. We are going to challenge her to baptism tonight. Other than that, it`s going a bit slow right now in terms of teaching. Hopefully we can find some more people to teach.

Me and my comp are getting along well. He´s a good guy. He had a mighty change of heart from the time he was younger. I´m talking the very rough and tough streets of El Salvador. It really is an amazing story. My favorite line from him this past week was when he was talking about the punks of the street that talk big, and the things that come from Satan himself. He told me he was a part of that kind of life, but he let the Gospel back into his life. That is why we have the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Oh, and I had a real breakthrough last night in Spanish. We stayed up while I shared my political theories of the world with my comp. Anyways, it was a good week, and I´m stoked for General Conference. We´re going to have a baptism in between sessions too.

Keep looking for some good missionary opportunities.

And that´s the way it is.

Elder LeCheminant


[We are waiting on some new pics from Phillip. This is a pre-mission photo.]


No comments:

Post a Comment