Monday, July 11, 2011

What an incredible experience the mission is!



[Note: Here are two great reflections from Phillip about his mission taken from his emails over the past two weeks]

I had a good insight about mission work this past week during my personal study. Investigators need a testimony of the Book of Mormon. There are thousands of less active members in this country. Hundreds in my little area alone. And the majority of them don't know what the Book of Mormon is. In order to have a true conversion, the people need to read, ponder and pray about the Book of Mormon. As a missionary, I have the duty to encourage people to read, ponder and pray about this book. I've met people down here with testimonies of the book, and plenty of people without testimonies of the book. And those that read it are the first ones in Church every Sunday and stay strong in the faith!

This past week I realized what an incredible experience the mission is. To come to a different country; invite people to come unto Christ; and do the same yourself; learn from comps; attempt to separate yourself from the world; and learn a language and a culture! And even though it is by far the toughest thing I've ever done, I know it is what God wants me to do!

Love,

Elder LeCheminant

No comments:

Post a Comment