Monday, October 31, 2011

"I was in the middle of a contact..."



Here are some excerpts from recent emails from Phillip:

“Funny contacting story of the week. I was in the middle of a contact with an evangelical woman, talking about how we have a gospel of peace and love. When all of a sudden, I get pegged by a plank of wood! I look back and see a teenage boy with his hands in the air giving thanks to God. I had no idea what the heck was going on, but the evangelical woman reprimanded the boy in the name of Jesus, and called him 'a shameless vagabond!' The kid left after that, and I went right back into the contact talking about our loving and peaceful gospel. Almost too much for a Thursday afternoon.”

"I think one of the most exciting thing that happened this past week was getting the water fixed and I was able to wash all my clothes in the washing machine. However, I can promise you that my ability to hand wash will come in handy one day."

“Spiritual insights this past week in studying the Book of Mormon. In Alma 46:15. It talks about the true meaning of a Christian. Those that joyfully take upon themselves the name of Christ. After you are baptized you commit to take upon yourself the name of Christ. But only those that take it upon themselves joyfully are really the true followers of Jesus Christ. So, the lesson I gleaned is that we should all take upon ourselves His name even more joyfully, and truly live our religion in the small day to day moments of our lives.”

"My companion, Elder A, is entering into his final week in the mission field. On Sunday, they are picking him up to go to the office for a few days before he is released. You know what, he hasn´t gotten trunky at all. I want to finish my mission just like that. Tranquilo. Like nothing has happened."

Love,

Elder LeCheminant

No comments:

Post a Comment