Monday, March 26, 2012

We had 9 investigators in Church yesterday!



Ok, Familia:

I can’t believe Gretchen entered the MTC 3 years ago yesterday! Time really does fly sometimes.

We had a good week. We had zone conference. I really liked it a lot. Hermana Rodriguez talked about health and obedience. And Presidente talked about repentance. However, I’m realizing right now that I´m blanking out and I can´t remember too many details or insights about what he spoke about. But it´s not about what I learned, but what I felt. We also did some role plays and practice. Elder H. and I had a lot of participation. We talked about the successes and goals of the last transfer and the transfer to come. It went well. Another piece of good news, I´ll be able to talk to Francisco and Santa on Tuesday night. Presidente wants us to call the families we baptize about once a month. So, hopefully I´ll be able to talk to them and Horbito and Dianella from Sabana Yegua.

Our other investigators are all doing well. There was a night last week where a couple people weren´t in their house so we decided to pass by to see Luz, because we hadn´t seen her in a while. We set another appointment and got her to Church. I was very happy about that. We had 9 investigators in Church yesterday! All we need to do now is help them progress up until baptism. The members here have given some great support. It makes a big difference when the members sit by the investigators and help them feel comfortable.

We´ve been getting lucky here with food. A lot of members have been feeding us well. The Old Bishop´s family fed us on Saturday afternoon and another great family fed us on Sunday. A great way to break a Fast!

General Conference is this Saturday. We´re going to have it in our chapel. If investigators come, we can go on Saturday. So don´t worry, we´ll be trying to find some people for Saturday. Also on Friday, we have interviews with Presidente. I´ll let you know how those go next week.

English class is growing more and more each week.

This morning we played basketball. I wanted to get a haircut before we went, but somehow on the way there, 500 pesos fell out of my pocket. Which is a shame, because I was going to barely make it through the end of the week with what I had. So, just letting you know.

Love, Phil


No comments:

Post a Comment