Monday, June 18, 2012

I loved the part when the guy is courting the girl

Letter from Phillip on June 18, 2012 Well, let me tell you all a bit about the week. The big news was the zone conference. It was good to see everybody again. Elder B. is doing a great job as an assistant. I liked the conference so much because of all the senior missionary couples who spoke. The senior couples in our mission are the best. All so loving. The MTC doctor, Dr. Shaver, spoke about the importance of cleanliness. The McDermids are the mental health professionals here. The wife spoke and reminded me so much of Mom. I dropped your name dad but they didn`t know you. My favorite senior couple in the mission are the Fords from Bountiful Utah. They`re in charge of the finances. I still have the touch. I can get Sister Ford to laugh every time I talk to her. President spoke about a talk given by a General Authority called the “4th missionary.” It talked about different kinds of missionaries and how the only missionaries truly changed by their mission are the “4th missionary.” It wasn`t so much focused on obedience as it was focused on giving the Lord your heart. The “3rd missionary” is obedient and serves and has a lot of success. But he does it for the honors of men and works to finish his mission holding back his heart. The “4th missionary” serves in order to progress spiritually. The “4th missionary” is a missionary of consecration. He has qualities of Christ. The mission is difficult for both. Both may think it`s difficult to knock on doors and take cold water bucket showers. But the 3rd does it out of resentment and hate while the 4th does it because it`s intelligent and will lead to progression and joy. The big news of the week. Bolivar`s wife, Esther, went to Church for the first time yesterday! [Phillip had the chance to teach and baptize Bolivar when he was in this same area the first part of his mission!] We had a good lesson on Friday and she committed to Church and went to Church with her family! We`ll see what happens. We`ll keep praying for her. We found 2 great families contacting this week. Super cool families with a mom and dad that have interest. I`ll let you know next week if they start progressing. I`ve been reading in the book of Isaiah lately. I think that Dad and I will have some good Isaiah chats after the study that I`m having. I keep reading and marking in the Book of Mormon. I`ve watched the movie legacy countless times in Spanish, but Elder W. had it in English so I watched it last night. Haha great film! I loved the part when the guy is courting the girl and he says, amidst the tribulation, persecution and problems of life, God allows us joy as well, just after kissing her. Love, Elder LeCheminant

No comments:

Post a Comment