Monday, January 3, 2011

Families, New Years, and P-Day in the D.R.

We asked Phillip how the family who was baptized on Christmas Day was doing.

What follows is his report on that family, New Years and his P-Day today!

The familia is such a great family. The Dad is such a great guy. Always happy, and even happier that he knows his whole family is in the Gospel. He got the Priesthood yesterday and couldn´t have looked better. He bought some nice Church shoes, so he doesn´t have to wear his tennis shoes to Church anymore. He´s in this with everything he´s got. His wife was putting in some hair extensions last night that were a complete different color than her hair. They were out of black...go figure!

The ward had a good activity the other night for New Years. Tons of people came. Sadly we had to leave just as we got to the talent portion. When we went home, Elder Urry and I stayed up to celebrate. But it just ain´t the same without the big ball. However, now I know that before I die, I will celebrate the New Year in Times Square.

P-Day was sweet today. We played some 7 on 7 softball. The Dominicans like their baseball. My mitt was used well today at first base. It´s also a good thing that me, Ethan, Chase and Stephen used to ditch calculus to hit the batting cages, cause I was batting .666 today!

We´re gonna have a family night and do some contacting tonight. Contacting is my favorite part of the mission work.

Well, love you all!

Elder LeCheminant

No comments:

Post a Comment