Monday, January 17, 2011

Transfer Calls

It was an exciting week. Full of intercambios [missionary exchanges], conferences and transfer calls.

First off, I had a couple good intercambios. The first was Tuesday, with Elder Suero. One of my favorite Dominicans here in the mish. He's the Zone Leader. He reminds me of Antonio Banderas. Good missionary. Then the next day I had an intercambio with Elder Santos. He taught me some good street Spanish.

Yesterday we had a conference for the Caribbean Area via satellite. President Dieter Uchtdorf and Elder Dallin Oaks spoke. Elder Oaks gave a good talk on the good and bad cultural standards of the Caribbean nations. Their importance on family is good culture. The men leaving the women and not supplying for the family is bad culture. He really emphasized tithing as well. President Uchtdorf gave a good talk on love and loving the people who have fallen out of the church.

Last night, we got transfer calls. Elder Urry is going to Bani. I am staying here in Sabana Yegua, with…wait for it…Elder…Torres! I don't know him, but he was actually Elder Urry's second comp as well. Apparently he's a really good missionary. He comes tomorrow. Tell you more next week.

We are visiting people for P-Day since Elder Urry is being transferred.

Love you all!
Elder Phil


No comments:

Post a Comment