Monday, January 31, 2011

What do you like in your burger?



Well Hello Familia!

Once again, a good week here in Sabana Yegua. Teaching, contacting, baptizing, saving souls, the whole works! We had a good week with lessons. We got 39 “member present” lessons.

Me and my new companion, Elder Torres, get along great. You know how Dad and I, or Mark and I, would argue jokingly over little stupid stuff. That´s how it is with him, only in Spanish. Elder Torres is just a super witty guy. It makes the time in the apartment so much more enjoyable. Just learning the phrase “do you want to bet,” has greatly increased my fun in the mission field. Sadly, I lost just about every bet this past week. Anyway, my point with all of this is that I attribute my increased joking arguments in Spanish as to why I am learning to speak Spanish. I improved dramatically in just one week. It was a miracle.

We started teaching a family that has a lot of good enthusiasm, so everything is going well with them. The baptism of Bolivar should happen in about two weeks. Keep your fingers crossed.

Miscellaneous note: Send me the lyrics of Para Bailar la Bamba via email. It makes a difference when you understand everything, and Torres and I wrote a funny missionary version.

Also, I bought the COOLEST belt off a Haitian for after my mission. A white puma belt with a big pistol and Dollar signs for 100 pesos. I look forward to wearing it in two years.

I discovered a thing called Chimy´s here. The Dominican burger. Full of grilled cabbage and onions and everything else that is good. Tasty!

Have a great week!

Love,

Elder Phil

No comments:

Post a Comment