Monday, April 18, 2011

I welcome you to the city of La Colonia, Azua, Dominican Republic!

City life baby. Sometimes...

I´ll do my best to fill you in on my new area.

First off, my comp is Elder Moraga. I didn´t expect it, but of all my comps I´ve had so far in the mission, he is the most tranquilo. Very chill. He´s from Nicaragua, 21 years old. And is a good guy.

The house at La Colonia is better than expected. It´s big and there is always electricity and water. Count your blessings with having 24 hours of electricity and water. It´s about 19 hours of electricity here. But we get it at night time unlike Sabana Yegua.

There are a few city parts in our area. Which is somewhat like suburban America, but the majority is good Dominican living.

There are more members that go to church in La Colonia. It seems like a good branch. We´ve got some good youth in the ward. One lady named Juana has a son is in the Santiago mission now. She is always giving us food.

We have some good investigators with baptismal dates. And I guess it wasn´t just a Sabana Yegua thing, but a D.R. thing in that everyone needs to get married. But, everyone here is willing to get married. There are 3 women we are teaching with baptismal dates. Their husbands aren´t into the message, but with time, they´ll be brought into the fold.

We are teaching a kid that looks exactly like Jacob from Twilight! Right down to him taking the lessons without his shirt on. His name is Nicholas and he´s a great guy. The only problem is he works a lot on Sundays, but we´re gonna continue to work with him.

My comp loves to cook. And believe me, I don´t complain. We eat some good rice and guandules modos at mid-day. Good, good times.

We have zone conference tomorrow with all the zones from the south. I´m looking forward to it.

There was a wild storm the other night. It rains about once every three months in Azua. It was a big rain storm and I ended up walking back to the apartment in a foot of water. However, the good news is, that it didn´t ruin my shoes and they´re still going strong.

I finished the Acts of the Apostles this week. Paul has some great missionary stories.

Living the dream. Serving a mission. Wish me luck as I cry repentance unto this sinful generation.

Love,
Elder LeCheminant

No comments:

Post a Comment