Monday, May 16, 2011

I`m looking forward to a vacana semana!

Hola one and all! How are you all doing?

Great week in the missionary world. I decided to work on two things this week in the world of missionary work and I definitely saw the results. At our night time planning sessions, we`ve started talking about the lessons we had in the day, and what we can do to help the investigators progress instead of just counting the number of lessons we had. We ended up coming up with some great ideas in the planning sessions. That is one practice that I`m going to keep up in my mission which I think will yield some great results.

The other thing that we`ve started doing is improving studying time. It is absolutely incredible how much you can learn in one hour when you focus. I had some great study days and I`ve set some great goals for the mission. In comp study too. My whole mission for comp study all we`ve done is read from Preach My Gospel out loud. In all honesty I dreaded comp study every day. So on Tuesday, I finally said, OK, this is pointless, we`re doing some role play. And that`s what we`ve been doing for comp study. Role play, preparing for the investigators needs and questions. 10 times better!

We set a baptismal date with a great guy Juan. He reads a lot, and loves the message. He loves the Book of Mormon. He needs to come to church. Sometimes, we let him talk a bit too long about nonsense, such as Einstein’s theory of relativity. But we`re gonna keep working with him. We hope good things will come.

P-Day, a whole bunch of nothing today. We did clean the house this morning. Spick and span. It needed it.

I`m doing good and I`m looking forward to a vacana semana. A sweet week. Hope you are too. In the words of my cousin Brian Hubbard serving in Manaus, Brazil, “We be spreading da freshest word anybody eva herd!”

Love,

Elder Phil

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finding the value of "role play!" Preparing for anticipated situations is an awesome way to study, and fun too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete